SHINE: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip Review and Swatches
Let me tell you this now - this is my favorite Colourpop product ever!!! The formula of the Ultra Satin Lip is off the charts. It's comparable to MAC satin lipsticks which is 1/3 more than its price! This product got a lot of praise from beauty vloggers too, (ex. KathleenLights, ThatGirlShaeXo, Kathy Pham) and now I know what they meant.
I got mine in the shades of Magic Wand and Lost. The packaging is similar to the Ultra Matte Lip with the silver cap and transparent container. The box is the same as other Colourpop products but with yellow green sides.
Magic Wand is a light-peach nude wherein I have found the best KyJenner effect on me! It's not too beige (unlike Beeper) and not too light to wash me out.
|Magic Wand on my lips|
Lost is a warm-toned brown red. This one actually has a head-turner quality but it's not too "in-your-face". It gives off the Old Hollywood, regal effect. :)
|Lost on my lips|
- Opaque and highly pigmented. It's Colourpop. :)
- DOES NOT look tacky. No patching of some sort.
- Moisturizes your lips. 100% TRUE. I tried this the first time with no lip balm, and it made my lips look like they're so kissable. HEHEHE. This formula is totally different to Ultra Matte Lip!!!
- Comfortable, because its formula is lightweight and not drying.
- Appears Matte with a little bit of sheen.
- Affordable. Same price as Ultra Matte Lip (USD 6).
- Longevity is 10-12 hours. However the color slightly darkens if you put it out that long but it's still moisturizing and pigmented which is incredible!
- Smells like coconuts. But, actually goes away after some time (if you don't like the smell).
- Transfers to anything, and it stays there. This actually bothered me at first, but I also noticed that the color still stays on my lips even if it leaves marks on my cups or spoons.
- The color selection is not yet as wide as other lip products of Colourpop. Sadly, there are only few choices because it's one of the newer products of Colourpop. I just wish they come up with new shades, ASAP! UPDATE: Kathleen Lights just came up with 3 new shades and they're awesome!
Where to buy
- Colourpop via international shipping. I haven't tried this way, though.
- Yourmakeupstoreph (ig: @yourmakeupstoreph) They restock every month. They have limited on-hand products, and you can also pre-order. For pre-orders, 50% down payment is required.
- ColourpopPH (ig: @colourpopph) They also have on-hand products and do really fast shipping. If you order 6 or more, they offer discounts. Pre-orders are also accommodated.
I don’t have to be afraid of having dry lips because it's highly moisturizing which makes it perfect for everyday use. Even if it has a satin finish, it totally looks like matte. The longer it stays on my lips, the more it moisturizes. Currently, I'm waiting for new shades of Ultra Satin Lip. Crossing my fingers for more mauves and purples!
|Quality & Texture||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Health & Safety||♥♥♥♥|
RecommendationMagic Wand - for light and fair skin tones
Lost - for any skin tone
Have you tried Colourpop's Ultra Satin Lip?
Tell me your thoughts in the comment box below.
Just keep swimming,