SHINE: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Review and Swatches
Ultra Matte Lip is the first ever product I purchased from Colourpop, and it did not disappoint. I learned about Colourpop from YouTube beauty vloggers (ex. KathleenLights, CosmobyHaley, Shaaanxo) that are obsessed with these amazing products.
I got mine in the shades Beeper, Tulle, and Are & Be.
|Beeper Lip Swatch|
Tulle is a dusty mauve burgundy that gives a heavier dramatic look compared to Beeper.
Are & Be is a rich mauve plum which is perfect for cool tones.
- Opaque and highly pigmented. Basing on its name brand, would we doubt it?
- Easy to apply. One liquid lipstick comes with a thin and normal-sized applicator.
- Dries down quickly. 1-2 minutes.
- Does not transfer. 99% Kiss proof - Yep.
- Longevity is 10-12 hours (while avoiding greasy food)
- The variety of colors to choose from is phenomenal. I think it's unfair to the others that they have so much colors available! How can a girl choose???
- Very similar to Kylie Lip Kits. A lot of speculations are roaming around because these products have a lot in common, including their manufacturer.
- Affordable. USD 6 for this quality? Yasss! I think this is one of the most affordable liquid lipsticks in the whole world.
- Definitely dries your lips, which is given for it's a liquid matte lipstick. Tip: Be sure to moisturize your lips first before putting on liquid lipsticks by putting a thin coat of lip balm or lip primer.
- Hard to remove, which can also be a pro, if you're looking for a lipstick that will last all day. If you're having problems however, check out my post on How to Remove Matte Liquid Lipsticks.
- Old formula peels off (sometimes). One time I was wearing Beeper when I really did have dry lips and I was eating something oily, it crumbled and then peeled off! This highly disappointed me. But with the new formula, this has never happened to me. So I suggest ditch the ones with the old formula then go get the new ones.
Where to buy
- Colourpop via international shipping. I haven't tried this way, though.
- Yourmakeupstoreph (ig: @yourmakeupstoreph) They restock every month. They have limited on-hand products, and you can also pre-order. For pre-orders, 50% down payment is required.
- ColourpopPH (ig: @colourpopph) They also have on-hand products and do really fast shipping. If you order 6 or more, they offer discounts. Pre-orders are also accommodated.
From my observation, Are & Be and Tulle have better textures than Beeper. Beeper, as the lighter shade, tends to settle on my lip lines and crumble on dry lips. This got me thinking that lighter shades show the dryness more compared to the darker shades. However, Beeper has a faster drying formula compared to the two.
The newer formula has received praises online compared to the original. Colourpop announced that they have changed the formula of their Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipsticks to make it less drying and more comfortable on the lips. I think this is proven in Are & Be which is the newest shade in the three.
|Quality & Texture||♥♥♥♥|
|Health & Safety||♥♥♥♥|
Beeper (new formula not the old one) for any skin tone
Tulle for warm skin tones
Are & Be for cool and/or dark skin tones
Have you tried Colourpop's Ultra Matte Lip?
Did you like the formula? Share your thoughts below! ♥
Just keep swimming,